High School Project Auditions
Produced in partnership with Carbondale Community Arts and McLeod Summer Playhouse.
Talented high school students work with professional Summer Playhouse staff. A great opportunity for area up-and-comers. Part of the day is spent in classes (voice, dance, etc.); the other in rehearsals. Planned Masterclass sessions enhance the educational experience for students. It all culminates in a production that is part of the MSP season schedule.
There is a fee for participation, but scholarships are available through CCA. No one is turned away for financial reasons. There are also technical intern positions available. The workshop fee in $250, but tuition assistance and scholarships are always available. CCA works to ensure that no student is turned away due to lack of funds.
How the program works:
1) Weekday rehearsals are required for the two and a half weeks of the program, shifting to evening technical rehearsals and performances for the final program period.
2) Rehearsals will take place in Carbondale at locations on or near the SIU campus. Travel stipends are available for those traveling long daily distances.
3) Each day will begin with a 1 hour dance class or voice class.
4) Students are responsible for bringing or purchasing their own lunches.
5) If someone is from an un-commutable daily distance, (from Fairfield or O'Fallon for example), cast members can be housed with other more local cast members. The host families will have their tuition waived.
All Southern High School Theatre Project AuditionsONCE UPON A MATTRESS AUDITIONS
Saturday, March 31
Altgeld Hall, Room 116 on SIU Carbondale Campus
1000 South Normal Ave, Carbondale, IL
CHECK IN - 9:30AM
AUDITIONS - 10.A.M.
Auditions are open to high school students who have just completed grades 8-12. You do NOT need musical theater experience to audition. Please bring a headshot and resume if you have one with current and correct contact information including address, phone number and email contact. Be prepared to dance and read from the script if asked.
PREPARE a short (30-60 seconds) musical theatre selection in the style of the show. Please bring sheet music in the correct key, an accompanist will be provided. Also, prepare a short (30-45 second) monologue (memorized if possible). WEAR comfortable clothing and sneakers.
For questions and further information, contact Carbondale Community Arts at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 618.457.5100.