High School Project Auditions
Produced in partnership with Carbondale Community Arts and McLeod Summer Playhouse.
Talented high school students work with professional Summer Playhouse staff. A great opportunity for area up-and-comers. Part of the day is spent in classes (voice, dance, etc.); the other in rehearsals. Planned Masterclass sessions enhance the educational experience for students. It all culminates in a production that is part of the MSP season schedule.
There is a fee for participation, but scholarships are available through CCA. No one is turned away for financial reasons. There are also technical intern positions available. The workshop fee in $250, but tuition assistance and scholarships are always available. CCA works to ensure that no student is turned away due to lack of funds.
How the program works:
1) Weekday rehearsals are required for the two and a half weeks of the program, shifting to evening technical rehearsals and performances for the final program period.
2) Rehearsals will take place in Carbondale at locations on or near the SIU campus. Travel stipends are available for those traveling long daily distances.
3) Each day will begin with a 1 hour dance class or voice class.
4) Students are responsible for bringing or purchasing their own lunches.
5) If someone is from an un-commutable daily distance, (from Fairfield or O'Fallon for example), cast members can be housed with other more local cast members. The host families will have their tuition waived.
AUDTIONS FOR THE 2019 ALL SOUTHERN HIGH SCHOOL THEATER PROJECT PRODUCTION OF “THE DROWSY CHAPERONE”
SATURDAY, APRIL 6, 2019 ♦ 1:00-4:00pm
Altgeld Hall Room 116, SIU Campus ♦ Carbondale, IL
For questions and further information, contact Carbondale Community Arts at email@example.com or call 618.457.5100.